Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Aqua Deal’s Website, located at https://aquadeal.co.uk.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use aquadeal.co.uk if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client", “You" and “Your" refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company", “Ourselves", “We", “Our" and “Us", refers to our Company. “Party", “Parties", or “Us", refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, Aqua Deal and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on aquadeal.co.uk. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from aquadeal.co.uk for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from aquadeal.co.uk
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from aquadeal.co.uk
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from aquadeal.co.uk
- Redistribute content from aquadeal.co.uk
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. Aqua Deal does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Aqua Deal,its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Aqua Deal shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
Aqua Deal reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant Aqua Deal a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Aqua Deal; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to Aqua Deal. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Aqua Deal’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Conditions for listing livestock
We work with the PAAG to promote ethical sale of animals
- Label each advert clearly as to whether it is a private sale, commercial sale or from a rescue/rehoming centre. If you are a business please register for a business account. We will automatically mark your advert.
- Run automated checks for ‘blacklisted’ words/terms, including for banned breeds and prohibited species
- Filter for other misleading, inappropriate and illegal adverts and take any adverts found or notified down within 12 working hours
- Monitor for multiple mobile/telephone numbers and email addresses in private sales and investigate and potentially ban frequent/repeat vendors if they are unable to provide evidence of a Local Authority licence. ‘Frequent’ is defined as the same vendor offering a third different animal (except fish) for sale in a twelve-month period
- Permanently ban vendors who attempt to post illegal adverts (on three strikes and out basis)
- Not include adverts for farmed animals
- Ban adverts of live vertebrate animals as food
- Ban adverts offering pregnant animals for sale
- Ensure that no pets are advertised for swapping with other pets, services or goods
- Ensure that species scheduled by the Dangerous Wild Animals Act are clearly marked as such and make clear to vendors that it is an offence to offer a species covered by EU Wildlife Trade Regulations Annex A and listed by CITES for sale without a valid Article 10 Certificate. Non-human primates should not be offered for sale
- Exclude any advert where there is a reasonable concern for the health and welfare of the animal involved
- Ensure that no live vertebrates are advertised for sale as deliverable* through the postal system, national or international.
*Fish can only be shipped by APC Overnight as they are the approved to transport fish.
- Ensure that every view item page includes prominent links to PAAG advice on buying and selling an animal
- Ensure that every view item page includes prominent links to PAAG approved care information on feeding, housing, handling, husbandry, life expectancy, provision of suitable accessories and veterinary care for the animal being advertised
- Provide a clearly visible function for purchasers to report illegal, misleading or inappropriate adverts
- Require all vendors to include information relating to the species name
- Monitor for suspicious usage of images
- No animal should be advertised for transfer to a new owner before it is weaned and no longer dependent on its parents
- Require all vendors to state the country of residence from which the animal is being sold
- Require all commercial vendors to provide Local Authority licence information when submitting an advertisement
- Provide advice and support that encourages responsible rehoming to any sellers offering an animal as ‘free to a good home’
AQUATIC PLANTS THAT CANNOT BE SOLD IN THE UK:
- Water Fern (Azolla filiculoides)
- Parrot’s Feather (Myriophyllum aquaticum)
- Floating Pennywort (Hydrocotyle ranunculoides)
- Australian swamp stone crop (New Zealand Pygmyweed) (Crassula helmsii)
- Water Primrose (Ludwigia grandiflora)
- Floating primrose-willow (Ludwigia peploides)
- Water hyacinth (Eichhornia crassipes)
- Cabomba (Cabomba caroliniana)
- Curly waterweed (Lagarosiphon major often inaccurately called Elodea crispa)
- American skunk cabbage (Lysichiton americanus)
- Nuttall’s waterweed (Elodea nuttallii)
- Alligator weed (Alternanthera philoxeroides)
- Chilean rhubarb (Gunnera tinctoria)
- Broadleaf watermilfoil (Myriophyllum heterophyllum)
- Giant Salvinia (Salvinia molesta)*
- Senegal tea plant (Gymnocoronis spilanthoides)*
*Traders now have 12 months to clear stock on shelves or that they ordered before 14 August 2019 for next season. No plants can be sold after 14 August 2020.
ANIMALS/INVERTEBRATES THAT CANNOT BE SOLD IN THE UK:
- Apple snails (Pomacea genus)
- Pond sliders (Trachemys scripta)
- Stripped eel catfish (Plotosus lineatus)*
- Pumpkinseed (Lepomis gibbosus)*
- Only one species of crayfish (Cherax quadricarinatus) can be sold in England and Wales. No live crayfish may be sold in Scotland.